We went on about 5 or so hikes this summer. Most were with a hiking group my friend organizes. The kids were great and Dane was awesome. HE rode in my moby and was pretty happy and took naps. I got pretty strong carrying him up and down mountains. As usually we always had an extra kid or two in tow.
This was our first hike of the summer. It was to an old burned down castle someone built in the 1800's in the Colorado mountains.All the kids in the hiking group.
So beautiful!
This was another hike up at Rocky Mountain National Park. It is 2 hours away and was our practice run for driving to Utah with Dane. He failed. He screamed the whole way there and the whole way home. The hike was great though and so beautiful.
Isn't this a perfect summer photo. Megan and Madison hardly go anywhere with out a book. Once we reached the top Madison pulled out her book and made herself comfortable.
This was another hike at Lair O' Bear.


I know there are so many pictures of him... but come on!! He is adorable!
Brock likes to hike with him on his shoulders.
Since I carry Dane the kids take turns carrying the pack. They have been such great and willing helpers this summer. I couldn't have asked for more.
We got to swim at the end. I don't know whey the water looks so gross. It did not really look like that - it must have been the sun. It looked totally normal (like the water above Madison's head in the shade.
Dane slept through the swimming part.
I told Noah to take a picture of me and Jen. This is the only one he took. Pretty representative of reality. Not getting to talk because we are both distracted by talking to (probably yelling) at our kids. But we had good intentions of taking a picture.
We also found some wild raspberries!



































































No comments:
Post a Comment