Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, May 20, 2024

Meals

I have been talking with my Sister in law, Janina, A LOT lately.  Like, a little too much.  It is a problem for both of us, but also a blessing.  She asked my about how I do my meal plan and I took some screen shots to send her.  When I downloaded my pictures they were there, so I thought  I would document.  I meal plan a month at a time.  That helps me to not be emotional about what I am making and I just do what the calendar says, regardless if I want to make it or if I want to eat it.  We have an extensive food storage system, so I always have almost everything on hand.  So it is pretty easy.  Dinner isn't hard for me anymore. It is kind of just automatic.  

When I make my plan I have this list with me of all my meals.  It takes away the mental load of coming up with meals.
Here is an example of my monthly meal plan.  We always have left overs on Monday and Saturday.  I deep clean the house on Mondays and it seems unreasonable and unfair to make dinner that night.  Jason has very strong deep feelings about no food being thrown away, ever, so left overs are a serious deal at our house.

I also had some random picture of dinners i have made for the family or lunches I made for me.  

It looked way better in real life.  But this sausage and pasta dish with Gnocci was amazing.


Made my self a salad for lunch.

My breakfast one morning.

This was a really yummy Asian dinner I made one night.  

 

No comments: