Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Temple

*In an effort to get caught up on my blog before summer I am doing talk to text on my phone.  I am trying to proof read as I go, but am not catching everything and am not fixing mistakes like capitalization or punctuation.  I figure something was better than nothing, and this is the best I can do right now. 


 I hadn’t been to the temple to do endowments since I broke my foot. I had gone and done baptisms with the kids, but not gone for myself.  Partially because of my broken foot, partially because of scheduling, And partially due to my lack of prioritizing. On December 23, Jason insisted I go to the 7 AM session. I was so grateful for him to help me find the time. As you can see from the picture I got there just as the sun was coming up to find the gates locked. I guess they closed it because it was December 23. However, I looked at almost every other temple and they were open on the 23rd so…. 

It was OK because on the way to the temple, I had a burst of inspiration on how to make our sabbath Christmas Eve perfect.

I did go to the temple the next Saturday morning and had one of the best sessions of my entire life. I received all of the comfort and direction that I had been missing for the last few months. Instead of withholding it from me because I hadn’t come Heavenly Father just gave it all to me when I did come. It was another testament to the fact that Heavenly Father is eager to bless us, and meet us where we are. Since that session I have been going to the temple at least twice a month and it has been wonderful. 

No comments: