Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Trip with Brock

Brock made a soccer travel team this year.  I got to go with him on his first trip to Las Vegas.  It was a nice little get away.  I had hoped for more bonding time with Brock, but the club has very strict rules about all of that.  Brock has to be with the team the whole time, and I can't be with the team.  So the ride to the airport (not home: different flights) was the only time we had together.  But I got to watch him play and we did go to meals together, but sat at different tables, so it was nice just being in his world for a while.  I also got to stay with a new, dear friend in St. George.  





Grandpa was SO SO NICE to drive all the way to St George to watch him play.  He is the best grandpa and dad.  He would do anything for us.


It has been a frustrating season for Brock.  His team hasn't been very united and that really bugs him, they give up really easy, they have lost a lot, which doesn't immediately bother him but he hasn't to the playing time or opportunities he had hoped he would have.  This picture below is a picture I took when I had a very spiritual experience about Brock.  I could tell he was frustrated and my momma heart hurt for him.  I said a prayer that something would go right and I got an immediate, clear answer.  I heard, "What Brock is feeling right now is exactly what I want him to be feeling.  I am teaching Brock.  I know things are hard for him right now but these are the lessons he needs to learn to become the man I need him to be.  So be patient, this is really good for him."  "Ok", I said.  





Jason went on another trip to Arizona with him.  But there are no pictures or stories.  Except for Jason didn't realize his drivers license was expired.  Luckily the TSA agent didn't catch it, but the rental car company did and he couldn't rent a car.  

 

No comments: