Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, May 12, 2024

The third great lego sort

We have sorted Legos before.  I am so lucky to have kids who are "happy" to help me with my projects.  They put up with a lot of my "great ideas" and shenanigans.  We sorted Legos back in like 2016.  They had never been sorted before that I we had dozens of bins, drawers and organizational trays and sorted the legos into like 30 categories.  Then over the years the Legos go put away.  Then last year we sorted them out again, but this time into just 5 - 7 categories.  It was ok, but as I watched how Dane was using Legos and given the space we had I felt like they needed to be organized by color.  They didn't catch the vision.  But Jason read a chapter book to us and we took 2 or 3 evenings and sorted them all into colors.  It has been great.  It gave much needed oxygen to Lego building and it got Noah building again.  Dane has truly become a master builder.  It has been awesome!  Again: no real before and after - but an "in process" picture.  

 

No comments: