Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Boise

My boys absolutely LOVE Payton Bell (my best friend, Karli's, oldest boy).  We went to visit them in Boise last spring and my boys have been begging to go back ever since.  Well the drive from Denver to Boise is like 14 hours - so I told them we would go one last time (maybe).  As mentioned earlier Jason has been gone most of the summer - so we just packed up and headed out. 
 
For some reason I don't' think to take a lot of pictures while we are in Boise (I didn't last year either) - but we had a lot of fun.  One day Skyler took work off and we went boating.  I took a super hot picture of Karli driving the boat so I could post about what a cool mom she is - but she deleted it.  But  I still want to put a shout out to her.  She pulled the boat all by herself to the lake and drove it almost the whole time.  She is quite the woman at 27 with 4 young kids!  Plus it makes me SO HAPPY that they have a boat because I desperately want one one day and Karli does everything a few years before me and then I follow (serious boyfriend, marriage, kids, home ownership, second child, van ownership, move out of state, etc).  So for us to have a boat in a few years means something extremely WONDERFUL is going to happen - like win the lottery wonderful.  Three cheers for Kali getting a boat!
 
Well, back to Boise.
Payton, Sky, and Noah on the tube 
 
Brock and Payton 
 
 
Megan stayed under the cab a lot (oh, we left Maddie and Hailey at home with a babysitter)
 
Payton, me, and Noah.  I totally scored some major points with Payton when he said, "I didn't want to go on the tube with you because I didn't know that you were crazy - but now that I know you are crazy you are pretty cool."  That is all I ever wanted to hear. 
 
My boys have sure been missing their dad - but Sky surly made up for it in the "horse play" department.  He pretended to throw them off the boat the whole day - and they loved every minute of it!
 
 
 
 
Brock wanted to ski.
 He was so excited.
 And almost got up.
But then he fell forward - and we had forgotten to tell him to let go if he falls - but we really stressed the "hold on tight and don't let go" policy.  So he got dragged under water for quite some time.  He didn't want to try again.  I don't blame him.
 
I did get a picture of the three boys.  But failed to do so of the 5 girls.  Maybe next time.
 
Thanks Kar for the fun weekend.  You are such a great host and make the 5 hour drive totally worth it!

No comments: