Thanks to year round school Brock started the first grade on July 25th. I honestly found that I do not have a strong testimony of school. I think it is pretty stupid honestly. He is gone too long and then comes home with a good hour of home work. Way lame. Plus that thought of him eating lunch at school gives me more anxiety than I can handle. Not to mention that he tells me of about 2 movies everyday that they watch. The jury is still out on whether he likes it or not. Most days he doesn't want to go because he says it is too long. I found that if I let him ride his bike he is excited to go. None of the neighbor kids ride their bike, so I follow him in the car behind him - which him and the kids love.
On Brock's first day of school me and the "younger three" went to Wheeler Farm on our first outing with out Brock. It was strange. It turns out everything is better with Brock. Noah is kind of lost all day. It is really easy to just let him play the computer for way to long - I need to make a plan for him. And then when Brock gets home it is crazy, silly with those two until way past bed time - they love each other.
However Noah takes his "biggest brother" role VERY seriously and does a great job. Him and Megan have a very cute friendship when Brock is not around. It is more gentle and sweet. Noah will play doll house with her and he lets Megan be in charge.
No comments:
Post a Comment