Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Doughnut falls

Jason has actually been back and forth from here to Denver a lot this summer - so it has just been me and the kids.  I had known that he was going to be gone for most of the summer for quite a while so I had prepared myself for a very easy going, laid back summer.  No fabulous dinners, no being home at 5:00 - just what ever and when ever.  It went pretty good.  Single parenting is hard - but when you give yourself low expectations and a lot of grace, things turn out ok.
 
Anyways, one morning we went up and hiked Doughnut falls.  It was a beautiful morning and I have wanted to try hiking with my kids for a while.  It actually went pretty well - Madison is still too young for anything long distance, but I knew that going into it.  We did not make it to the falls - but I did not expect that we would.  I just wanted to have a fun time in the mountains - which we did.  A few days later just me and the boys went back and made it to the falls.
 

When I uploaded these pictures and a was looking through them I got the over whelming feeling about these four wonderful kids and how they are really my best friends.  And I truly mean that.  I would rather be with them than with anyone else.  My favorite activities and outings are actually just with us and with out any "play dates".  I honestly have so much fun with them and love being around them all day.  I hope it lasts forever.





After we turned around and hiked back down the mountain the kids were disappointed not to see any "falls" - so we found a little river and played in it for a good half hour.






The girls just sat and put sticks and rocks in the river.




Of course Noah fell in ... but that was to be expected.





It was a fun fun morning.

1 comment:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

What a fun outing! Sorry Jason has been gone a lot but I think you realized the low expectations thing pretty quickly! Whenever people ask me how I do it with a husband who is gone half the year I usually always reply, "I have little to no expectations to how my day will go. If i never put makeup on, oh well. If I don't clean my house spotless, oh well. If we are all alive and happy at the end of the day, then it has been a good day" I think you would drive yourself crazy otherwise!! It's nice to know i'm not the only one that thinks that way. It seems like you are such a good momma. Keep it up :)