What are the chances that my older sister would move out of state the same month that we are moving out of state? Zero - one would think. But it happened.
Katie and her 3 cute kids (oh and her husband too) all moved to Las Vegas 2 weeks ago so her husband could teach high school and coach football (living the dream).
Katie and I have not emotionally processed the idea of living 3 states away. We have both just been in survival mode - I am sure it will sink in sometime in mid-October.
I love my sister. We have been really close our entire lives, with a small break from ages 16 to, oh, sometime in our early 20's we started being really close again. And then we started having babies together and were just getting through our own lives - but in the last two years we have really been able to be there for each other and help each other and just hang out and talk more. Things were just getting REALLY good and easy in our lives. Then we both had to up and ruin it!
My heart aches for our children. They will hardly even remember living by each other. But they loved each other. They were CRAZY together that was for SURE and I mean CRAZY.
I got to have them for four days while they moved to Vegas. Despite my earlier post - detailing only my inner quandaries about more children - we had SO MUCH FUN and I would do it again in a heart beat. I LOVE you Katie and will miss you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know how I missed this post! I love you too! I have so many sad feelings about this whole situation and it's inky mid Sept...I hope that you can hang on another month until it hits you! I wish that I were were coming with Mom next week, but this summer, fir sure!!
love y'all!!
Post a Comment