I guess I have a little competitive streak in me (you would never know it by playing a board game with me) or at least I feel like in life I have something to prove.
Case in point: When ever I hear that someone has, for example, five kids in five years or six kids in six years, my very first internal dialoged says, "oh, you think you are better than me? I could do that. Challenge accepted!" Clearly we didn't do it, but it wasn't because I didn't want too or think that I couldn't have handled it - it just wasn't' right for our family. But I have always felt like I could have "been that awesome".
Challenge denied. Jason is in Denver and my sister is moving to Vegas, so I took her kids for 4ish days so she could get down there and unpack with out them. I had 7 kids between the ages of 2-8 (8, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, and 2) all by myself from Thursday to Saturday and for almost 24 hours I had 6 kids between 2-6 (6,4,4,3,3, and2) .
We survived. But that was it. There was no real parenting going on - no bonding or nurturing. It was purely one task to the next task, one meal to the next meal, one mess to the next mess. And I am TIRED more tired than I ever have been - even more than when I had a newborn. That is not a way of life I want. I like things busy. But I also love mothering.
So although I know I could do it. I do not want to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are a sweet sister though for doing it.
4 is the new 8 in my opinion :) That is really awesome of you to take those kiddos!!
It's good to realize the difference. I kind-of feel like I'm just faking it for now and I hate it. I want to get back to enjoying it not just getting by. You are very sweet for helping out your sister. Glad you got something out of it too even if it was just perspective.
You are super sweet and amazing and giving and loving and empathetic and willing. I try to be more like you every day!!
Post a Comment