On Monday I was optimistic that we cold pull another all-dayer (even though my first attempt was a bust). I was not deterred and i thought I just needed to keep trying. So the plan was to go to Discovery gateway in the morning (just with the girls - my dad was taking the boys fishing), then meet everyone at the down town City Cemetery for some grave visiting, then lunch, then spend the rest of the day at Temple Square (our most favorite place) - then we would go straight to my grandma's house for a Memorial day BBQ. Well, as any smart person would guess, they ran out of gas again after the cemetery and lunch. I tried and tried to get them excited about temple square - and they were - but they were just TOO tired. Truth was I was tired too. We tried to get back another day - but it never happened. Oh well, I decided to just be happy with the things we DID do rather than the things we DIDN'T do.
Discovery Gateway was amazing. We spent 3 hours there and could have spent 3 more. I kind of thought they would be too old for it - but they were not at all. I ended up feeling sad that we didn't bring the boys. I loved watching the girls (mostly Madison) play with all the stuff. It was the first time I was there with out a toddler. I was one of "those" moms for about 30 minutes and read a book on the bench while they played. Please excuse the excess of photos. Madison was just so into it all - I couldn't help but try to capture it.
Madison set out to build a house.
She was so methodical about it - she is rarely like that.
Megan built her own house
Caroline and Brooke came along with us as well. She is SO ADORABLE! I had to take these pictures of a very pregnant Brooke walking Caroline up the stairs. This is a great/horrible stage of life for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment