Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Out of school Chip Party

I wanted to do something fun for the kids on the last day of school - something out of the ordinary.  My kids don't get a lot of junk food - they often don't know what things are when they go to parties (cool-aid, pringles, oreos, etc) at first i feel a moment of mom-pride thinking about how I have shielded them from non-food items, but mostly i just feel bad for them because they are missing out on so much goodness!

So I planned an out-of-school-chip-buffet party.  I tried for weeks to come up with a sort of chute saying to call our party - and if I were a more clever woman I could have - but alas cutesiness is not one of my strengths - so i set out an invitation telling everyone to bring a bag of flavored chips and just set chips on a table.
I took the kids to the chip isle and told them they could each pick a bag - they were amazed - they had no idea there were so many kids of chips - it IS kind of weird that there is a whole isle just for chips.  It seriously took about 20 minutes for them each to decide on a bag.

We planned on doing water games at the party - but it was all rainy on the last day of school - so we just ate chips.  Seriously they all eat a whole bag - I am told not one child ate dinner that night (including my own).






No comments: