Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Grandma and Grandpa Herberts

The day after school got out (the morning after our chip party) the kids and I packed up and went to Utah.  Our first stop was the Herbert's house in Mapleton.  The kids LOVE going to their grandma Herbert's house.  The world kind of revolves around them there.  The rest of her grandchildren live all over the country and are never there when we are there.  (In truth they have one grandchild - Gwen - who lives there right now - but that is not the usual.)

One evening we went on a bike ride and fed some horses.



They made a beautiful lake in the middle of Springville/Mapleton that we went to one night.  It was too cold to get in - but it was perfect to play in the sand, throw rocks, watch fishermen, and walk around the lake.

We wanted a picture with the lake and a beautiful sunset - we knew the clouds were moving and we needed to get the picture FAST before the sun got in the way.  The kids were not moving fast enough - and it turns out we missed our chance - sorry Grandma - you don't get a face in these pictures.



And I am SO SO SAD about this picture.  It actually looks like it might be my first ever good picture of everyone looking as happy as we really are.

Then we went to the new Bean Museum - this is the only picture I got.  The bean museum has a special place in  my heart.  I spent days and days and days there on cold winter days with my crazy toddler boys who desperately needed to get out of our tiny apartment - and it was free.  The new one is a million times better - but I am sad our old one is gone.

No comments: