Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fiji: Village tour and good-byes - Day 8

On our last day we went on an official village tour.  This is a village on the island that several of the employees of the resort live in.  Many of their families have lived in this village for 6 or 7 generations.


The village men with their fishing boats



After the tour (I wish I would have taken more pictures - but you feel kind of weird taking pictures of people in their houses - it seems kind of disrespectful) but, after the tour, we met in their main village gathering hall, where they sang to us, fed us, and presented us with these beautiful necklaces.  Everyone was so kind and welcoming.


They even got Jason up and dancing with them!!


And I took my basket and shopped at their market - I got lot's of compliments on my basket!!


It was SO sad to leave.  They sang us a song as our boat pulled away.

Good-bye Fiji and Qamea - I hope to see you again someday - but it might have to be in a few decades!!

No comments: