Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Utah: Provo

After we left AMpleton on Sunday afternoon we took our time getting to Salt Lake.  First we stopped at my old bosses house in Sprinville.  
This is Don Pendelton.  He is one of my all time favorite people.  He was my boss for about 3 years before I had kids.  At first I was just one of his "compliance girls" but after a year I became his executive assistant in the Legal Department.  I can't even remember who that girl is anymore - the thought of me being an intelligent, capable, business woman baffles me.  I used to write letters to attorneys, judges, and government agencies defending our position in law suits and other legal matters.  Now I can hardly put together I coherent email to my children's teachers these days.  But I look back on these years and remember that I am capable of doing all sorts of things and that at that time I was a different person.  But besides that... Don.  Don is great.  He is like a second dad to me.  He taught me so many things, not just about business, but about life, and love, and marriage, and faith, and religion.  He is such a good influence on me.  I hadn't seen him in almost 6 years.  I didn't even know if he would be home - or if he still lice there.  I just stopped randomly and he was there and we chatted for about 2 hour.  It was great.
He also works with leather and made my children each their own leather bracelet. 

Then we stopped by our old aparemtn comples - Dia Mar.  This is where Brock and Noah (almost literally) were born.  They wanted to go inside - we knocked, but they weren't home.


Then we stopped by the Provo City Cemetery to visit, Peanut, our friend's baby.
And our great grandma and grandpa Herbert.

It was a fun Sunday afternoon in Provo.  

No comments: