Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Rain forest Cafe

On Thursday after the beach we went back to the hotel and went swimming.  The weather was starting to turn cold, windy, and rainy again but we got a good hour or two out of it.  Ashley and I sat in the lounge chairs and read books and talked while the kids played in the pool and hot tub while Jason went back to our hotel room to get caught up on his work email.   

Then we walked back down to downtown Disney and went to the Rain forest Cafe with Jason's great uncle, Steve.  Steve lives in Anaheim and has "retired" with Disney - which is my opinion is the greatest thing ever.  To "retire" with Disney you have to have worked for them for 10 years and be at least 55 years old - when that happens you get in to ALL Disney and Disney World parks free for the rest of your life and also 3 people in free everyday - you also get discounts on all Disney hotels and restaurants.  That sounds like its worth 10 years of work!  He was kind enough to come every morning to get 3 of us in  for free - so to thank him we took him out do dinner.

THANKS Steve!

Rain Forest Cafe is really cool and a whole adventure in and of itself.



We spoiled the kids (and me) one last time and got this dessert volcano - it was delicious! 

The LAST walk back to the hotel was just too much for Noah to bear - we put all three younger kids in the stroller and headed out - they were all asleep by the time we got back to the hotel.

We woke up Friday morning - drove back to Vegas dropped Ashley off at the Vegas Airport - stayed with my sister, Katie, Friday night and woke up at 5:00 am Saturday morning and headed back to Denver.  That was a loooong drive.  We were grateful to be back home.    The best part about traveling with Jason is the speed in which he unpacks - in truth it is bitter sweet.  I am the type to want to just relax when I get home and put off unpacking - he will have none of that.  I curse him while we do it - but by Saturday night we were completely unpacked, cleaned out, and everything put away.  Laundry was done and coolers were cleaned out and the car was washed.  Then I LOVE him becasue it is all done.  

And that it it - who knew I could write 20 plus posts about a 5 day vacation - lets hope we never go to Europe for 2 weeks or anything!  

No comments: