We woke up Tuesday morning with renewed energy - but still just as much rain. We headed over to California Adventure. Strangely enough - in the end - I think we all liked California Adventure more than Disneyland. That wasn't expected. We had planned on 2 days at Disney and 1 at DCA (which is what everyone recommended) but one of my regrets (I have about 3) is that I wish we had 2 days at DCA - 1 was enough to do everything - but 2 would have been way more awesome! I liked the layout of the park better and it just seemed to be more ... magical.



Our first ride was California Screaming with the older kids and Jason took Madison over to get in line for Toy Story Mania - but when we got there the attendant said Megan couldn't ride because it was her "hair" the was hitting the 48 inch marker not her head - we seriously fought with him for 5 minutes - her hair was in a pony tail so her hair IS her head and she had ridden on all the other 48 inch rides. In the end he was unpersuaded and the boys and I went on the roller coaster and Ashley took Megan over to do the carousel. We LOVED the big roller coaster. It was defiantly a favorite.
Toy Story Mania was another favorite - especially for Brock (another competitive game). We did it 2 or 3 times.
On Tuesday at about 1:00 the rain stopped and we saw our first street performers of our trip we still never saw the sun though.
Look how empty the park is! This is right about noon on Tuesday on their main walkway.
As you can see from most of the pictures Brock was our stroller pusher, in fact Brock was definitely our 4th adult. He was helping the whole time. Brock has a great talent to see what needs to get done and to get it done. He is also very naturally selfless.
This is a photo that I missed the actual moment - but Madison couldn't see in the binoculars so Brock went over and lifted her up. He was like that the whole trip. Willing to sit alone or with who ever needed someone just to make sure everyone else was happy. He was fantastic.

Our most favorite ride was Soarn' Round the World. It was absolutely amazing. We also did this ride twice.
Today Megan was able to find many "snack shacks" and get her much desired treats.

Later in the day Megan was still sad she didn't get to go on California Screaming (she is a thrill ride junkie) - so I headed back over there with her assuming there would be a new attendant- there was - and they let her right on. She LOVED it - and yelled "this is amazing" the whole time.
Our last ride of the day was Radiator Springs. We were told night was the best time to ride it.
Ashley made these cute Lego shirts for the kids also! She is the best!
Brock and I went again - just the 2 of us - in the single rider line. One great thing about this trip is that both Jason and I got great one on one time with each kid.






































No comments:
Post a Comment