Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

July 29th Anniversary

As you know from a previous post Jason got laid off mid July.  Well July 20th was our "half life anniversary".  We are weird in that we actually love and more often celebrate our dating anniversary over our marriage anniversary.  Our wedding date was just an arbitrary date that was randomly picked based on a wedding reception availability.  To us our wedding didn't mean much, we had been in love and committed for years - our wedding was just a formality.  But our dating anniversary - that comes with all sorts of love and emotion and great memories.  Luckily we had already celebrated it in a BIG way in Fiji - so we weren't too sad about not going out becasue of our certain job situation.  BUT because Jason is awesome and amazing and his students at work were LIVID he got laid off they pooled their money and gave him a $100 gift certificate to his favorite restaurant and movie tickets.  So we used those and went on a  fun mid-week, mid-unemployment date (it felt so irresponsible)!

We went to Pappadeaux's and ate WAAAY too much yummy sea food.
 Then we went to see Dunkirk. 
I guess it had been a while since I have been to a real theater.  Our seats were these giant recliners that you could lay all the way back it.  Next time I want to bring in a blanket.

No comments: