Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

River rafting

One great thing about Jason being home at the end of our summer is that he helped facilitate a lot of great activities that I had a hard time doing by myself.  For example tubing down the South Platte River.  I have always wanted too - but the logistics were always a huge hurdle.  But with Jason home we were able to pull it off - twice!

 I had my phone in a waterproof case so all the pictures are kind of... blah... but it protected it perfectly.
Our first river raft was so fun - a perfect mixture of relaxing, beautiful, safe and also fun (everyone got dunked at least once)









If you ever want to know where Noah is - look 20 feet behind you - this is true for rafting as well.  I don't know how  he pulled that off - we all were in the same river going the same speed, but even then he was always about 20 feet behind us. 



Our second trip was not so awesome.  Brock stayed home (he does not like getting wet).  It was just a few days later and I didn't think to check the flow level.  As soon as we got in I knew it wasn't safe.  The spirit was practically screaming at me to keep all of us close together, the river was moving too fast to get over to the edge and there wasn't a great place to get out anyways.  I grabbed all the kids tubes, tied them together with a rope I had (luckily) and told them that the Spirit was telling me we needed to be more careful today.  They could tell the river was deeper and faster than before - so they took me seriously.  We said a prayer as we continued to float down the river.  Luckily we were able to get out before we hit our first waterfall.  Lesson learned - check the flow level!



No comments: