Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My flower garden

Over the last 5 years I have learned to love taking care of my flower garden.  I say "take care of" because I have never planted my own flower garden.  In West Jordan my Mother in law did my whole flower garden as a gift (she is so talented) and I just had to maintain it.  Then in this house I have spent the last 4 years ripping out what they had and very slowly and gently "grafting" things in from other pars of the yard, my old flower garden in Utah (they let me steel some ground cover when I was visiting once!), and other peoples garden.  I just couldn't ever justify the cost of spending money on flowers that there is a real possibility that I am just going to kill.  But this year for my end of year preschool gift all my preschoolers gave me a ton of money for Home Depot.  I was SO EXCITED.  My main goal was hydrangeas.  I LOVE Hydrangeas and I had just the place for them.

The girls and I spent an afternoon at Home Depot and picked out the perfect flowers.

I love love love my flower garden.  I love working in it, looking at it, taking picture of it.  Sometimes when the day is hard, I just go out and sit and look at my flowers.  They make me so happy.

I am a sucker for ground cover - I like a lot of different patches - I don't like them to grow together  - plus I think it is just adorable with my fairy garden.


I just absolutely love my front yard - I love it the most because I didn't do it - it came all landscaped and is my DREAM front yard.  I love love love the rocks, and the levels, and layers, and the beds, and the sand box (I did that), and the stairs, and all of it.  Actually I don't like the trees - I think I am pulling them out soon.  The only reason I keep them is because I love my front one for 2 weeks in the spring when it is in bloom (but that is not enough to justify its existence, and I love that my kids swing from it and climb it (that is enough... for now).


I was so trilled when my hydrangeas started to bloom!





These are my favorite.  I don't know what they are, but they grow in between my rocks.  I want more of them.  I LOVE them



These are how my hydrangeas are doing today.


No comments: