Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Summer shananigans

Here are some random pictures and stories from summer.  The more day to day stuff.

After about 4 years of hard work Brock FINALLY beat Jason at Chess!!!!!  Jason is not the kind of dad to let his kids win games - you have to earn it!  Brock finally figured it out and won hum fair and square.   I wanted to good picture - with Brock being all ecstatic and Jason acting all devastated.  If you know these two - they are not very emotional or willing to indulge in silly pictures.  So this is the best I got. 
The winning game board

We rode our bikes to 7-11 on 7-11 and got free slurpees! 


Madison spent the majority of her time in the front yard.  She loves to play in the front yard by herself.  She is old enough now that I can let her go in the front yard and play.  She doesn't leave the yard - she plays with the fairy garden, swings from the tree branches, plays in the sand box, or "invents" things on the porch (pictures further down)

These are Madison's inventions.  In fact I would say this was the "summer of Madison's inventions".  Almost everyday she would rig some sort pf system on the porch that would "make" things like, sports equipment, balls, wands, potions, etc.  It was pretty cute.


This is Megan swinging from the tree



The girls still like to play dress up.  Who doesn't' smile when they look out their window to find a power ranger playing in their fairy garden?  oh - this is the life!
All the kids spent many days and hours down in the preschool. Brock and Finn made this and thought it was cool enough to merit a picture. 

We went to Beauty and the Beast in the dollar theater one afternoon

They played in the (backyard) sandbox.


And I don't know who took this picture or why - but it shows 2 things.  One - the Legos.  There are ALWAYS Legos.  And two - in the back you can see a boy crouched behind the coffee table with a dart gun.  We have daily epic dart gun battles.  Our house is pretty good for it since it goes in a circle and has a few balconies.  We have several neighborhood kids that come and they have dart wars for a while.  I literally find darts everywhere!

No comments: