Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Lemonade Stand

Having a lemonade stand was on our summer bucket list.  To be honest it was on our bucket list last summer and we never did it.  To be more honest it is on THEIR summer bucket list.  It sounded like torture to do a lemonade stand.  The thought was just really overwhelming and I knew they would loose interest after 5 minutes - either that or fight the whole time about who did what. I know I am sounding like a lame lazy mom - but we all pick our battles and this was not something I ever wanted to do. 

But unlike last summer they kept remembering and asking when, particularly Megan.  So we picked a day, divided out jobs, and got to work.  Noah made the cookies and rice crispy treats.
Brock and dad made the lemonade.
Megan got the change and the paper products and Madison made the sign.
Once we were out there everyone had a job and we rotated every 15 minutes.  Noah and Madison lost interest after about 20 minutes.  But Brock and Megan held out strong.  We made like 50 dollars in 2 hours.  I think most people felt bad for us because our kids told everyone who came that our dad lost his job.  ha ha.  They actually tell everyone they see, from cashiers at the store, to a policeman that pulled us over, to everyone at church.  It is delightful :)

10 points for me.  About 10 minutes after we started my friend pulled up ion her van with all 5 of her kids - I thought they were coming to buy something (I posted it on our ward Facebook page) - but no - I had promised to watch her 5 kids for about 3 hours.  Awesome.  I did not remember!  Oh well - it was chaotic and crazy.  Happy Summer!

No comments: