Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring Break: Friday

Friday we had scheduled to go on a bike ride.  I wasn't sure where we wanted to go.  It couldn't' be far because we don't have a bike rack for our van anymore.  Some friends from church all decided to get together at a park - so I thought, "we will ride there".  Problem was it was a park clear across town on paths we had never been before.  But I mapped it out and off we went.  It ended up being about 5 miles.  There was, though, a promise of Jason coming and picking us up if we were too tired to ride back.
As always we had extra kids in tow: Finn, Zoe, and Lincoln.

About 3 miles in some clouds rolled in, wind started blowing - hard.  I got a text from my friends (already at the park) that there was a severe storm warning and they were leaving.  This storm was NOT in the forecast.  Then a big gust of wind came and it literally blew Madison off her bike and she scrapped up her leg pretty bad.  I called Jason to come "rescue us".  But then.... I had the keys to the van!!!  oops.  He came in his little car, picked up a few kids, got the van keys, went back home, my friend Heather came and picked up a few more kids and bikes, then Jason came back to get the last of the bikes and crew.  phew.   So glad I had people that could come to our rescue! 

No comments: