As I mentioned in previous posts for fall and winter break we didn't do much. I reasoned that it was the kids' break and well and that they should get to spend it how they want and not "forced" to do activities - if they wanted to go or do something I would help facilitate it - but it was up to them. Well... for Spring break I decided I wanted a little more out of our breaks and my kids were becoming pretty lazy. So on Sunday night I asked them what they each wanted to do and we made a list and then plugged them into days. Since Jason was home all week not everyone had to come to each activity - but there were a few that everyone had to do. Everyone was pretty happy with the plan and every one seemed to genuinely want to get out and do stuff. On top of our daily activities (there were about 2 a day) - they each had 2 jobs to do a day and some school work along with 2 hours of screen time.
Here was our plan that hung on the fridge.
Monday was our busiest day. We started out cleaning the house. Monday is always cleaning day at our house and the kids know it. They are really at a place where we can all clean side by side. I still have to check them and help with a few things - but I can clean the kitchen while they all do their stuff. "their stuff" is things like: Clean a bathroom, deep clean bedroom (clean under bed, dust, wipe down blinds), vacuum a room in the house, dust, or sweep.
Then after lunch I took the girls sledding. We ran into some friends from church and the kids build a snow fort and had a snowball fight.
While the girls were sledding the boys were playing x-box at their friend, Finn's, house. After Finn and Zoe (Finn's sister) came over and had a sleep over at our house. I didn't take any pictures of that.







No comments:
Post a Comment