We left at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday. We were driving for 11 hours straight to Las Vegas. We left so early to avoid the skier traffic that is CRAZY here in Colorado. We have been stuck in it before - you HAVE to leave before 6 am or it will be bumper to bumper, stop and go for 4 hours.
We still failed. As soon as we got onto I-70 we saw this for 2 hours. It was ridiculous. I keep thinking I want to start skiing again, or maybe teach the kids - but then I think about the reality of skiing in Colorado and just want to move back to Utah. Anyways... back to Disneyland.
Only Brock went back to sleep once we transferred them into the car. We spent our time listening to musicals (Wicked, Into the Woods, Le Mes, and Phantom of the Opera) and our book on tape, "The Dark is Rising". The kids were in very inquisitive moods this early in the morning and started asking Jason and I all sorts of deep questions. This is Jason's bread and butter and we talked about religion, life, ethics, and morality for a good hour or so. I include this for memory purposes as Jason has said this was his most favorite part of the trip.
Jason drove the whole time - I offered - but he did it.
Once we were in Vegas we stayed at my sister Katie's house that night. The next day (Sunday) we went to church, picked up Ashley from the airport, and drove to Anaheim.




1 comment:
I've been wondering about your trip! I'm glad it went so well! Rob and I were surprised at how fun it was too. I guess that's why parents keep taking their kids.
Post a Comment