Thursday, February 8, 2018
Brock
Brock, what is there to say about Brock? He is just so wonderful it's hard to put into words how much he tries. He has so many challenges in school, but he never lets it get him down or affects other areas of his life. Sometimes I wonder how hard he really tries in school or if we are really at the root of his problems. But then some days I see things like this and I just know that it's going to be okay. During Primary we had to make a whole bunch of paper snowflakes for the ward Christmas party. Brock struggles to do anything with paper or writing or drawing or cutting or art or anything like that - I figured Brock wouldn't participate - he usually doesn't if it is something like that. So everybody was working on the snowflakes, and then they were supposed to put them in this box for the ward Christmas party decorations. But afterwards Brock brought the snowflake up to me and said, "you know how folding and cutting are really hard for me, well I worked really hard on this and I think I did a really good job, so is it okay if I keep it to remind me that I can do a good job at things even if they're hard for me." Of course I let him keep it and wiped away a few tears as he walked away, and said a little prayer of gratitude for being able to see a little bit into his heart. I know he's going to be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is the sweetest story and Brock is the cutest boy I love that kid. A few days ago Katie and I were talking about Brock and she said she thought he was so cute and nice and gentle. I think Brock is going to be fine, because you are his mom and he will not give up
Love you all ❤️
Mom
Post a Comment