Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Light the world

I was so thrilled when the church was going to do their Light the World campaign.   This year I planned way in advance - as soon as they put out the calendar (mid November) I pre-planned and scheduled what we were going to do each day.  Some things were simple, "take a treat to school and share it with someone you are not friends with" to more complicated, "drive around and give meals to homeless people".  

We kicked off our month by having the Sister missionaries over and introducing Light the World and encouraging the kids to get their non-member friends involved in the service.

One day we stayed late after school with some other families and cleaned up the school.



We baby sat our neighbors 18 month old twins.

We took flowers to a cemetery and put them on veterans graves - we also took wipes and shovels and cleaned them up.



We made bags for our ward service project (this was just me - not the kids)


We donated books to some kids in Africa (our ward friends were going and wanted to take some chapter books)

We made a bunch of chex muddie buddies and drove around and gave them to mailmen, UPS and fed ex drivers.








We packed lunches and gave them to homeless people around downtown.




Those are the big things I took pictures of - most of it was little things they did around the house or at school - just trying to light other peoples lives one person at a time.





No comments: