Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Cheesecake factory

Last year Brock's good friend, Lincoln, told our kids how amazing The Cheese Cake Factory is. He told them about how his family goes there all the time and how the menu is huge and how you can have anything you want and how you can pick cheesecakes out of a glass case. Well, my kids were sold! They kept asking and asking to go to The Cheesecake Factory. I finally set them down one day looked them in the eyes and told them, "we will never go to the Cheesecake Factory." Haha - I think I broke their hearts. I know it was extreme but it is how I felt, I explained to them that it is very very expensive and me and Dad don't particularly like it that much, so we will probably never take them. 

Well this got back to Lincoln, and Lincoln told his mom, and his mom felt so sorry for my poor kids that as a payment for always babysitting Lincoln she gave us a large gift certificate for the Cheesecake Factory. So off we went! The kids were thrilled they love looking at a huge menu and while we challenged all of them to try something they have never had before at a restaurant mostly they all just wanted to get the mac and cheese. After a little bit of convincing a few of them got something else, but one or two of them got mac and cheese. By the end of the night we were all so full that we didn't have time or appetite for cheesecake. The kids were pretty upset because the purpose of going obviously was for the cheesecake. It turned out great though cuz we went back a few weeks later with some Christmas money that my grandma had sent and just got cheesecake. It was a great time at a fancy restaurant with our, now, older kids. It's fun that we can start to do things like this.

No comments: