When the boys were little I wanted a little plastic nativity for them to play with. They loved our nativity books and loved nativities when we went to other peoples houses, but we didn't have a nativity of our own for them to play with. Every year I wanted to buy one but they were so expensive and it was something that I just could never afford and always told myself that they didn't need to play with a nativity to have a testimony of Jesus Christ. That's how I make myself feel better.
But once we had the girls and we had a little bit more money I finally bought this nativity for them to play with. I was truly amazed at how much everybody loved it including the boys and even now the girls as they are getting older. Every time I walk by the nativity it is in a different order. Some child has stopped by through the day and rearranged the people into really cute different scenes. I find Madison and Megan often acting out different parts of the nativity story or other stories with the characters. I didn't take these pictures, I believe Megan did one day, there's also some videos of her voicing different parts of the nativity and making movies about them. It just warms my heart. It saddens me a little bit because I wish I would have just spent the money on a nativity all those years ago and given the same experience to my younger boys. But that's okay they turned out fine.




No comments:
Post a Comment