Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, February 23, 2018

Christmas letter

We sat our kids down at the end of November and talked to them about our year.  We reminded them that dad hasn't had a job most of the year and that this year we were going to have a small Christmas.  We especially focused on how blessed we are and that nobody really needs anything right now and that we would spend our Christmas season trying to serve other people and make their Christmas better.  They were all pretty on board with the plan. I found this note in Madison's room.
"Dear Santa.  I know I am going [to] have a small christmas but I want to tell you what I want for Christmas.  It is just one thing, inention stuff and that is all".

I couldn't tell if my heart hurt because how dang cute she is, how equally proud and sad I was that she accepted the fact that we were having a small Christmas, but really wanted just one thing, the fact that she ONLY wanted one thing, or if she was just consigned to her fate.  Either was I wanted to give her the world.  Just for the record - she did in deed get invention stuff.

1 comment:

mbjhme said...

When trying to leave comments on each of your posts it wouldn’t let me and then all of a sudden this popped up so I am going to write about all the posts I have seen. Christmas Eve looked so fun, you did such a good job and thanks to Jason for letting you dance around the tree he is a good sport and I am glad your children are learning their heritage.
When I read your blog it hurts my heart some because I feel like I should be there on these important times, that I should be knowing theses things in your life and the kids life. I feel left out and sad but then I am so happy that I get to see what you are doing and what the kids are doing, you are an awesome mother. I am so proud of you, your family makes my heart swell with happiness. I loved seeing Noah at his piano recital and so wish I could have been there in person.
I love you all
Love mom