My mom came to visit for my birthday! It was so great. She came on Wednesday and left on Satruday. Jason was out of town for a job interview so we just had a fun time with the kids. Since the kids are in school we spent our days shopping and eating. It was wonderful! One night we made homemade pizza's (one of our favorite family traditions).
She came in the middle of "Light the World" and one day was "love little children" (or something like that) and the kids wanted to babysit our neighbors 18 month old twin girls. My mom was so nice to help out.
It was so fun having my mom here this time. It's been fun every time but this time just seemed really nice and easy with us being able to spend a lot of time together since the kids were in school. Like I said earlier we spent most of our time shopping for birthday and Christmas stuff. I needed a few new things and my mom helped me find what I needed and wanted. Redecorating is really hard for me because I have a hard time visualizing what I want and how things go together and just going through that whole process, not to mention the agony of spending the money, is too much for me to do on my own. So I just don't ever do it. My mom was so great to help me figure out some new rugs, bedding, and outfits that I desperately needed. There were things that I didn't even know that I needed that it turns out that I really needed (coat). It turns out it was just a few new things I needed in my life to really give me the boost that I needed to go into this winter season. My new bedding makes me so happy and this little lantern my mom bought for our Christmas tree just brightens my day. I'm glad she came out and not only spent time with us, but helped me get a few new things that I needed for my life.







No comments:
Post a Comment