Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Harriet Beecher Stowe

In Second grade the kids do a famous person's presentation.  Megan was Harriet Beecher Stowe - I had never heard of her.  She wrote Uncle Tom' Cabin - I had never heard of that.  Megan and Jason laughed at me.  Anyways - now I know a lot about her!  My kids' education is a great opportunity for me to revisit my education - it is like a do-over.  

Megan did a great job and was really into it.  Except for she didn't want to wear a dress or skirt.  She was very particular about her outfit and we got in a few fights about what to wear.

Megan gave a very dramatic reading of Harriet Beecher's life.  It was full of emotion: both happy and sad.  This girl might have a few drama classes in her future!

She wanted it to look like her art project.  I think we did pretty good!


I am loving how different girls approach projects and their education than boys do.  These girls are a breeze! (To contrast with Noah's project this fall... that we never knew about... that he never brought the paper home and didn't do it.... then I got an email from the teacher a month later telling me he never turned it in!)

No comments: