I just posted cute picture of Eve in the summer. I just found this draft of an old post of Eve in the winter. So here are a few fun facts about ever from 6-9 months.
She is the cutest and best spoon eater. She is so clean - we don't even use a bib or need to wipe her up. She opens her mouth so big, eats it, and swallows it so happily. We laugh at her all the time because she looks like a little baby bird. She is a rock star!
But it does give me some more snuggle time.
"fun" story - Dane had never pooed or peed in the bath. Not as a baby or as a toddler. It was amazing. And up to this point neither had Eve. I thought "maybe I will be spared this in my old age and they will be perfect bath children" - well... I will never say anything like that again.... because then we went on a 3 or 4 week streak of both of them pooing in the bath tub EVERYTIME they were in. It was awful. Awful for several reasons. One - such a mess to clean up. The isolating of everything and everyone, trying to clean things off in order - the babies, the tub, the toys, the rags, the things the babies touched or sat on while i cleaned the other one up - then what do you do with them while you clean the toys and the tub??? It is all such a mess and no good way to do it. THEN after all that they still need a bath (it usually happens before hair is washed). Two - I am usually busy and barley have time to give them a bath so now this took 4 times longer than expected (and they still haven't had a good bath) and now I am late to what ever it was I was going too. Three - as a mother of 6 I multi task baths. I do things while they bathe (in the same room of course) - but I blog, work on blog book, family history, read scriptures, dry my hair, put on make up etc WHILE they bathe. I NEED this time as well. And now I am dirty, late to what ever, and didn't get my thing done. grrr. And this happened about 10 times in a row. Eventually I just stopped bathing them for about 2 weeks out of pure immature protest.

This was post learning to sit but pre-learning to crawl. We love the library.
She is our only one that does this adorable nose scrunch. We love it.

Eve really shows us that babies have their own personalities and that it isn't all nurture, but nature plays a big part. Books is a good example. We are a book family. And Dane took to that. From 4 months old he liked looking at books - especially novels and chapter books. It was almost an obsession. I thought, maybe it was just becasue of his examples and environment. He was mimicking, or loved what he saw and had access too. But with Eve she has the same examples and environment as Dane (even more so because she sees Dane LOVING books) but she likes books about as much as any other 9-12 month old - just moderately.










No comments:
Post a Comment