Our big activity was a hike. We had planned to take 3 hikes. 2 little kid friendly, family hikes and then 1 big hike when the babies were napping with Jason and the older kids. We ended up just doing 1 family hike. haha. It was a lot more strenuous than we thought and both babies had to be carried the whole time. It was a beautiful hike and everyone did so great. It was our first family vacation and Jason and I quickly realized we had set our sights too high and had too many activities planned. Most of the things we planned to do didn't get done. But that was ok. We loved what we DID do and enjoyed our time being together.
Here was our schedule we started with:
after our first day we reprioritized with everyone's top priorities.
Back to the hike:
How Dane rode
How Eve rode
I guess we let Dane walk a little - but as you can see almost the whole thing was up hill - so it lasted for a hot minute.
Eve was a trooper and I loved having her as my little hiking buddy. She made the cutest sounds and loved playing with my hair.
We also stopped along the way and the kids climbed rocks. This is always their favorite part.
We had to stop quite a bit. But Jason and I told ourselves at the beginning that getting to the top wasn't the goal - the goal was a fun family time.
Half way up we got this beautiful view of Estes Valley.

We decided to stop and take pictures knowing we might not bake it to the top. I am glad we did because Megan got elevation sickness about 20 minutes from the top, so her and I (and Eve) went back down early. Since Jason doesn't have a smart phone I don't have pictures of the top.
LOVE Eve's face! haha
It was nice getting some "alone" time with Megan down the mountain. She is growing into a young woman so quickly that it often catches me off guard.
She had a pretty good attitude about not making it to the top, when we got back to the half way point that we took the family pictures at she wanted a picture to show that she did make progress. Love her attitude!
No comments:
Post a Comment