Dane's brain is fascinating. One thing is that he has a little gps in his brain. There are some tractors on Santa Fe, we have driven past them several times, but we have never stopped and looked, or really talked about them. One day we were in our front yard and Dane said he wanted to go see the tractors and started walking down the street. I was unsure what he was talking about, so I just followed him. HE kept walking. He never looked back and we never talked. He just walked and walked. It started raining, he kept walking. HE must have knows i was there because when he got to a street he needed to cross he lifted his hand in the air, knowing i would be right there to grab it. I did. WE crossed the street and he said, "thanks for taking me across the street". Then he turned and kept walking. He navigated our neighborhood, took all the correct turns and crossings and eventually got himself to Santa Fe. He pointed across the highway and said, "tractors". At this point it was raining pretty hard and I just wanted to go home, but I was impressed so I took him across the bus street. We sat, in the rain and mud, for about 30 minutes watching the tractors do their work. Several times I said something to the effect of, "its raining, lets go home", where upon he said, "you go home, I stay here and watch the tractors." Jason eventually called to tell me that Eve was awake and he had a work meeting soon. I convinced Dane to let Jason come pick us up. It may have been one of my top 5 toddler days. I love toddlers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment