Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

TEMPLE OPENS!!

Oh my heart!!!  I LOVE the temple.  And while I have missed it greatly these past 18 months I have to say, God has compensated and I have been able to feel the same feelings I feel in the temple in my regular life - so I havn't missed it as much as I would have expected.  However, I HAVE been sad for my boys not being able to go.  Turns out that THEY love the temple.  Before Covid  they both set goals to attend once a week.  They both talked quite a bit about how sad they were to not be going to the temple and as the opening got closer and closer they kept asking me if I had gotten an appointment.  I had dreams of taking my kids to do baptisms every week and I feel like that got taken from me.  I also LOVE going to the temple grounds with my kids, especially my babies/toddlers and the Denver temple grounds have also been closed for 18 months.  So this was a welcome day for us.

We could only get one appointment, so I booked one for all 4 of us to go in the evening.  But then my boys got invited to go with other families, so they went several times (not all pictured) the week that it opened.  I was beaming with love for all the times they happily went to the temple.  Brock just set a goal to say yes to every temple invitation he is offered.

Anyways... Noah got to go to the temple with these 3 cute Deacons.  They were, in fact, the FIRST  group to do baptisms when the temple opened.  That is a sweet memory for him and was really excited to be the FIRST .  (it was sweet for me too because I was the last endowment 18 months ago)
Noah, Matt Prusse, Dayton Ahlstrom

Brock went a few hours later with some Teachers and Young Women.
Austin Murry, Brooklyn Murry, Paige Hamilton, Addie Coleman, Brock, Cameron Neyenhuis

All the teachers got invited to go with the Young Women and Brock was hanging out with 2 of his friends (who are also in the TQ) and neither of them wanted to go.  So Brock said, "your lame, I am going, so I will see you guys later".  They both went home and Brock started getting ready.  Then Cameron called about 5 minutes after getting home and said he would go. 


Then we went as a family.  It was precious.  We had some family names.

Afterwards we walked around the temple a bit.  I love this pictures of Jason, He is teaching the boys about the temple and they are listening and looking intently.  


We went to pick up Brock and Cameron from the temple after they did baptisms and then we went on a family outing to Chuck E Cheese.  We spent about 30 minutes on the grounds (it was 101 that day!!).  But it felt SO SO GOOD to be on the temple grounds.  It was Evee's first time at a temple. 




















I mean... come on!!!!

Here is my facebook post about the temple: (along with the family pictures of us attending)
This.
I/we have fasted and prayed and prepared and waited on the Lord. It was a good night in the temple.
"my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."
I am grateful to know where I can find peace. It is not in the world or the way the world does things. It is only in Him. In His covenants, His ordinances, His gospel.

No comments: