Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Spring time

It felt so good to emerge from winter this year.  Not only did we say good bye to cold weather, snow, and short days, we also started saying good bye the pandemic and doing things we hadn't done in a year and a half.  

We started park days up again.  I am in a weird space of life with these last 2 little babies.  All the friendships I have cultivated here in Denver over the last 8 years are around the mom's of my older kid's friends.  I still love them, but we are now in different phases of life.  They were ONCE my park-mom friends, but now have no children to take to the park.  All the women in my ward having kids are in their early 20's.  So I am the "old woman" at park days.  Which is ok with me.  When I was a young mom (I actually still feel like a young mom and when people talk about "young moms" I think they are talking about me) we had an "older woman" who had a caboose in her late 30's and I LOVED when she came and is now one of my dear friends.  I hope they see me that way. 

The girls walked home from church with all the other girls their age.  I hoped it would turn into a weekly event, but they haven't done it since.  We are in a hard place in our ward and with the girls' friends.  As you can see we have a ton of girls in our ward their age (this isn't even all of them), but ALL of them go to Charter schools.  I hate it.  My girls are the only members at their neighborhood school.  The girls on our street (6 of them!) also all go to different schools.  We are surrounded by 9, 10, and 11 year old girls but struggle to connect with them.   I pray the older they get the less of a stumbling block this becomes.

The girls playing with some girls in the ward after school one day.

And then painting with neighborhood girls another day.

And then the typical house project.  We had a smaller-than-a-pin-hole-leak in one of our pipes for probably years and then one day the ceiling collapsed. There are many gospel lessons in there.  We may or may not have turned it into a family home evening lesson.

Hanging out in the back yard.  I got a hammock from a garage sale.  It may have been my best purchase ever!  It has actually brought them closer together as they hang out in it together often.






The girls did make-overs one afternoon. 



I couldn't find Dane one day, he had taken a pile of books into the boys closet. 

Usually I have a post about end of year school projects and plays, we didn't have any last year, luckily we had a few this year.  Megan was able to do the science fair - although I couldn't come look at  them.

And Madison did a virtual play of "John Henry" and played Paulianne.  She was John Henry's wife.  John Henry was her guy friend and she was teased a lot (but I think she secretly liked it)


The babies and I were so excited to get out again.  I have never been a "take my babies on a walk" kind of mom (that includes bike trailers), in fact I have never owned a bike trailer or a jogger stroller.  And while I still don't love it - it is more necessary this time around.  



And then my sleeping baby.  I could watch her all day.





 

No comments: