Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Fall Break: Bike Ride

On Tuesday we went on a bike ride along the Platte River Trail.  Megan had just learned how to read a two wheeler and Madison is a good little bike rider - so I thought I would give it a try.  This is a beautiful trail that runs along the Plate River - you can ride it from our house all the way to down town Denver with out ever having to go on the street.  I didn't have a really plan of how far we would make it - the longest bike ride we had been on was only .8 miles to our local park.  There is a place celled Hudsen Gardens that is 2.3 miles - I had a pie in the sky dream that we would make it that far - eat lunch - then head back.

Again, they were amazing.  More amazing than I could have thought. 


We stopped several times along the trail to throw stuff into the river.  You can canoe or raft down the river also - I have plans to do that next summer.








We made it all the way to the gardens!  We ate lunch and played.


The kids wanted to take a selfie - we had never tried before - I guess it is 2015 - I humored them.






The way back was just as great.  Madison did get too tired - she could have done it - but it would have taken too long  - luckily i still had my baby seat on the back of the bike - so we ditched her bike in some bushes and came back for it later.  I was still so proud of her - she rode about 5 miles - for a 4 year old with training wheels - that is beyond my comprehension.  Megan did amazing on her 2 wheels and didn't complain once.  Brock rode the farthest because about a half mile after we left the gardens to go back home I realized I had left my water bottle.  Brock volunteered to ride back and get it - so in the end Brock rode almost 6 miles!  And Noah could have gone all day  - he as the only one not dead tired when we got back and wanted to keep going.  I have some big bike riding plans for next summer  - hopefully we can get Madison on 2 wheels before then, Brock needs a new bike (his knees almost touch his handle bars when he rides, and I could use either a new bike or a tune up (I got it when I was 16).




Best Day Ever!





No comments: