Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Service

About a month earlier I had signed up to help a local Presbyterian church set up some beds to help house some homeless families for a few weeks.  When I signed up I didn't realize it was going to be fall break.  I didn't want to back out - but I didn't think they would find it much help to bring 4 young children.  I decided to find a babysitter for 3 of them and I took Megan with me - because I knew she would be of great help.  Megan is an EXPERT bed maker.  Seriously.  She has been making every ones beds in the house since she was 3.  She is perfect at it - corners, folding, smoothing out, everything.  It took all excuses away from her brothers when we realized she could do such a great job.

It was a fun afternoon and she still talks about it a lot.  The next week we went back and fed the families dinner one night and she felt very proud that she had set up the beds for them.





No comments: