Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Noah's Birthday

Noah turned 7 back in September.


We had a small family party on his actual birthday, he requested Herby Special (a cherry crisp) and he opened his presents from us - Legos.



Noah's birthday party was kind of a fight this year.  We could never get on the same page about what we were going to do and who we were going to invite.  Basically because I couldn't accept what he wanted to do.  He wanted to have 2 of his friends over for a sleep over and play mine craft and Halo.  (just for a side note, Brock and Noah don't really play Halo - they just play a custom mode where they create their own world and play in it - I am told (by Jason) that it is fine).  Back to the birthday - I felt like 7 was too young to just have a lame Nintendo playing sleep over.  I wanted him to have all his friends and have a "real" party.  We went back and forth for weeks - in the end I won and we started planning the "real" party, I realized that I was making it a big deal and adding a lot of stress for something he didn't even want.  So in the REAL end, he got his party, his way.

He even got a Halo cake.


And the activity.  Fun right!?

Noah at 7.
Oh, how I love Noah.  Noah has changed a lot in the last year or so - well, more like he grew into himself.  Noah has a head full of ideas and questions.  I think most of his problems in early childhood was not being able to express them, express them fast enough, or have people really listen to him.  Noah can talk for HOURS - seriously, hours - with out stopping.  I hope he keeps that for his whole life.  He has all sorts of questions and REALLY wants to know the answer - even if its long and complicated, and then will ask really good follow up questions.  This is hard for me because I like to give an answer like "magic" and leave it at that.  So I often direct him to his dad - he definitely didn't get that quality from me.









No comments: