Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Fall Break: Down Town

In school Noah had been learning about urban, suburban, and rural living.  He got it in his head that he had never been to a city (we went to down town Salt lake almost monthly - but what ever) so for fall break he really wanted to go to down town Denver.  Down town Denver is not down town Salt Lake and everyone I talked to about going encouraged me not to go.  But I felt more capable in my parenting abilities than I felt people were giving me credit for.  How bad could it be?  One of my friends who had been down there before said she would come with me - so we decided to make a whole day of it and take the train in.

Aiden, Finn, Brock and Noah


Jen and Zoe


Madison, Megan, Zoe, and Brock

It was about a 45 minute train ride and the kids did great.  We brought some books and some trivia questions.  Plus we passed Eliches (previously 6 Flags) and the Bronco stadium - so that was exciting.


We went down to Union Station - it was to old train station.  It was a really cool building.


We walked down the main shopping district for about a  mile or so - then hopped on a bus for a while - then walked some more.


We got stopped and interviewed by a local tv station (and my we I mean Jen)

We didn't have much planned to do down town - as there is not much to do.  Since this was Noah's trip I obviously asked him what his expectations were and what he wanted to do down there.  He said he wanted to eat at a fancy restaurant and meet the Governor.  I told him neither of those things were going to happen. :)  SO we decided to go to the State Capitol building instead.

That seemed to make him happy - and as luck would have it we saw a State Senator walking through the parking lot (he had a name tag on) - so we stopped him and let Noah talk to him and ask him questions and he gave Noah his card.  He was SO THRILLED.


We went to the top of the capitol and was able to see the whole front range.  It was beautiful.


For our "fancy restaurant" we went to Chick E Cheese.


We actually got food this time - as you consistent blog readers know we frequent Chuck E Cheese about once a month - but we have never gotten anything to eat there.  But my friend talked me into it - it was quite the special treat.


















No comments: