Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Birches

I have put of f writing this post because I just don't think I can do it justice.  Colorado became home to us very soon after we moved here.  It happened so fast BECAUSE of the Birches.  They became our family.  Our personalities just clicked and they really took us in.  Veronica becamse like a sister to me - in lots of ways - but in a service kind of way.  We helped each other in the way only sisters help each other.  It was just known and expected.   They also love hosting and cooking and had us over on most Sundays and for every holiday.  Most of our kids were the same ages and the husbands even got along.  In fact Aaron has become one of Jason's good friends.  Well - they moved to Georgia in October.  It was and is very sad.  Besides Jason and I the move has been the hardest on Madison. Lucia was her best friend and she has cried SEVERAL times about loosing her. 
Birch Family
Aaron, Veronica, Elena, Carmen
Vaughn, Harry, and Lucia

We (the ward) threw a going away party for them.
Marisa Neyenhuis, Veronica, Angela Jensen, Julie Roper (we had it at her house)

Christina Marriott, Cindy and Paige Hamilton

Lucia, Elena, Madison, and Lana Olsen


I had people write favorite memories of the Birches.

Aaron made some delicious pork and homemade rolls (as usual)

Mike Clark, Bishop Glen Roper, Matt Olson, Jeff Bullock

Ammon and Davidson Jensen and Aaron

Brian Neyenhuis, Jason, and Reid Hamilton





Julie Roper, Kris Merrill, Nicole Bullock, Heather (and Mollie) Child


Me and Veronica

Marisa Neyenhuis, Leslie Prusee, Veronica, Hazel Cope, Whitney Olson, Christina Marriott


Ella Anderson and Carmen

Evan Roper, Megan, Cameron Neyenhuis, Madison, Noah, and Harry


Then the Sunday before they left we had them over for breakfast for dinner.


Aaron and Jason rocked the breakfast.  Jason made waffles while Aaron made lots of meat!

Then we had them over the night before they left. 




I talk to Veronica several times a week still and hope we maintain our friendship.  It still hasn't really settled in that they are gone.  I felt reassured about having these babies becasue I knew Veronica would take care of me and my family like we were still in Utah.  I know there is going to be a huge void and I am going to just have to pull up my big girl pants and do it alone.  She (and they) have been a example to me of unity in a ward, reaching out, and ministering.  We hope to take what we have learned from them and pay it forward.

No comments: