Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thanksgiving

When we found out we were pregnant and due December 3rd I knew we were going to stay here in Colorado for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I also knew that they would have to be really low key chill holidays.  My original plan was to just spend them with the Birches - and then they moved!!  I didn't really  have a back up plan.  I KNEW I would have the baby by Thanksgiving so I always planned Thanksgiving with the thought of having a new born.  As we got closer and closer to Thanksgiving and no baby we sort of assumed I would be in the hospital for Thanksgiving and the objective turned into what our kids would do for Thanksgiving.  Anyways... after a few invitations we ended up at the Armstrong's.  I didn't bring anything.  It was kind of weird, but like I said, we all assumed it would just be the kids.  But Thanksgiving night rolled around and Jason and I came.  It was a really great low key night.  My kids were the only kids there.  Lucinda in our RS president and Corey was/is Brock's 11 year old scout leader.  They have 2 teenage kids at home and they were really great to play with our kids all night.  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, then we played games, played with Lego's (they have MILLIONS) and then watched Miracle on 34th Street.




No comments: