Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thanksgiving break

Oh Thanksgiving break...!  The break that we were supposed to have a newborn.  I remember from Fall Break thinking it was my last break with my kids and I wanted to make it fun.  Now here I was  - with a whole week on my hands with my kids and no energy or will to be "fun".  On top of that every day was like, "well... maybe I will have the baby today".   From parent teacher conference all of the kids' teachers said they needed to work on math facts.  So I had made a plan to do those everyday for Thanksgiving and Christmas break since we were going to have low key breaks with the baby.  I had made this chart.  To "lessen the blow" of having to spend their breaks doing math facts I didn't make them do any jobs over the break - they were pretty stoked about that!  

Then on Sunday night we made a list of things they wanted to do over break.  They made this list - I didn't put anything.  AS you can see we did all the things - EXCEPT have a the baby.  I was glad they considered that a "fun thing"  - I am glad they are excited.  Because I have such great friends I didn't really take any of my kids these places or do anything at my house - my friends did it all.  So there are NO pictures.  But the kids had 2 sleep overs (the Barretts and the Okerstroms), the girls had play dates, the boys went to the skate park almost every day, Madison did a puppet show about the first Thanksgiving, the girls went rock climbing, the younger 3 went swimming, and they all took a 4 mile bike ride (round trip) to a park with their friends and had a picnic (I met them there in the car).
It was a great Thanksgiving break.

No comments: