Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, November 12, 2018

Brock's Soccer

Brock tried out for and Made the Silver team for Real's competitive soccer league.  This has been a long time coming.  Brock was born with a ball in his hand.  He is very athletic and loves sports - he could most likely excel at any sport he dedicated himself too.  He has mostly chosen soccer as his main love for now.  He has always played on Rec leagues but last  year he said he didn't want to play anymore if he had to play on rec leagues.  He was by FAR the best and sometimes the only one who knew what he was doing.  It was frustrating for him.   It was fun to watch him be dedicated to soccer so much this season.  He had practice 3 nights a week for 2 hours and sometimes had soccer all day on Saturdays (and travel an hour or two for several games).  He gave up a lot - but never complained.  He had a great season and has learned a lot.  I especially loved watching him.  Watching my kids play sports (or something they love) is one of those "pay back" moments as a mom.  It seems to make all the hard stuff worth it.  And Jason... he took this project on.  I was actually against it.  So he was the one to really help Brock get ready for try-outs and work with the coaches and managers and get Brock to and from games and practices.  Brock owes it all to his dad - I just cheer!  




No comments: