Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Fall Break

Ahh - fall break!  This was kind of a weird emotional fall break.  One one hand I was VERY aware that this was the last real time with the kids and me before the baby comes.  BUT I was also feeling VERY pregnant and unable to really do a lot of fun things with them.  I was really only up for 1 outing a day.  ALSO - things financially kept getting worse and worse and there wasn't any money to do anything.  AND I needed help around the house.  I needed a lot of jobs done that I hadn't done since summer (clean baseboards, blinds, etc) and we needed to do the weekly cleaning.  I tried to find a good balance and looking back I think we did a great job.  On Sunday night I let them all pick their own jobs and they had all week to do them - on their own schedule and at their own pace.  We spent most of the week just lounging around and playing with friends.  Everyday I told them I would take them somewhere if they wanted.  Most days they never took me up on my offer.  In the following posts are a few times they (mostly the girls) did.  I was also very "nesting" and we desperately needed to go through all the kids' closets, clothes, and deep clean and declutter their rooms.  I had them pull out their beds and clean baseboards and vacuum under all furniture.  I did one kids a day.  Noah told me I had gone crazy.  
The list of chores for the week!

No comments: