Every year I have asked/suggested that the boys be in orchestra or band. Every year they say no. Of course THIS year they both said they wanted to do it. I very nicely told them this was not the year and we just couldn't afford it. Well... apparently they had already told their music teacher they were going to do it and then went back the next day and said something like "My dad hasn't had a job in a year and so we can't afford it". I got a call the next day and the district had given my kids a "scholarship" for the lessons and the instrument rentals. So they are now in orchestra. They really like being in it and seem to enjoy it - although they fight us on practicing -which is kind of weird because Noah never fought about practicing the piano.
Brock picked the violin and Noah picked the cello. They had their first concert at the high school the week after Thanksgiving. They really liked being in the concert.





No comments:
Post a Comment