My ward was throwing me a shower on Saturday November, 3rd. I was really excited and so were my girls. I was sad that I wasn't going to have any family at the shower though. It has been kind of hard not to have any family around for this pregnancy. My friend Krista knew this and was on it. Once she picked the date for the shower she called my mom and invited her and my sisters to come out and surprise me for the shower. Ashley didn't come (its a long story... but she wanted to come).
Anyways... I had no idea they were coming. Krista invited me over on Friday afternoon to catch up and when I walked in my mom, Katie, and Alex were on Krista's couch! I was so shocked! Especially to see Katie. She had never been to visit before and I couldn't believe she came with her new baby! I am so grateful they put their lives on hold for the weekend and came to visit. Turns out we were HORRIBLE at taking pictures. These are the only 2 I got. We went out to dinner, lunch, played with the kids, and the kids LOVED Alex. It was a great way to get ready for our baby. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of any of it.
Funny story - when I brought the kids home from school Friday afternoon my mom and Katie were going to be at the house to surprise them. When my kids walked in the living room my mom and sister had hid - but they left Alex on the living room floor. My kids were confused about who this new baby was and asked if I had had the baby. I said, "yep - that's Dane, I had the baby while you were at school". They looked at me so confused and said, "really" and started touching my belly. It was so funny. I quickly told them no - and then my mom and Katie jumped out. Good times.
I did get a picture of my mom playing a card game with the kids.
It was a great weekend. Thank mom, Katie and Krista for making it happen!!


No comments:
Post a Comment