Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Dart Wars

We gave each of our older kids "committee assignments"  it is a bad name because it is a committee of 1.  It was supposed to serve several purposes, a few were: lighten my load and put some mental burden on other people, let the kids take on some responsibility and give them some agency in what our family does, give them a chance to receive some responsibility that they maybe done want and still do it (like a church calling), support each other in their responsibility, even if you don't think they are doing it right or how you would do it (like church callings), and then, the main reason, give them a chance to seek and receive revelation (and then act).  It has not gone well.  I don't know if it is just going to die or if we will adjust and keep trying.  The committees are: No Poor Among Us (Serve "poor" around us (there are lots of definitions of poor)), Gather Israel (on both sides of the veil), Ministering/social, family unity.  

Madison's assignment is family unity and she decided to have us all have a dart war in our house one evening.  Everyone had a blast, especially the babies.  Go Maddie!
Of course Jason is the star of the game and everyone just wants to get him out, he takes it very seriously.
But if I can remember right, he never won.  Megan won like twice, and I think Brock another time.
We played a few different ways: every man for himself, boys against girls, and everyone vs dad




 

No comments: