Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Halloween

oh Halloween.  My least favorite holiday.  This year was pretty chill.  Dane wanted to be a knight.  When I put up Halloween decorations i have some Halloween pictures of the kids when they were young.  Dane has seen Noah as this knight and he wanted to be just like Noah.  I found Noah's old costume and when Dane put it on he smiled so big and said, "I am Noah for Halloween".  So sweet!





Eve was a bunny.  It was perfect because her favorite song from library story time right now is "hop little bunny, hop, hop, hop" and she sings it all the time while she hopes.  So I basically wanted to die of cuteness.  






Megan put a lot of work into her costume and was a perfect Red Riding Hood.  She even got her drama teacher to let her borrow the hood and cape.

Maddie and her friends all dressed up as fancy cow girls. 



Noah was Clark Kent.  He is hilarious.

And Brock spent about 30 hours on Amazon trying to find a Link costume that he thought looked "real, not fake" and couldn't do it.  So when it came down to Halloween he just put on his green cloak he got last year and called it good. 

We had a Halloween activities. This was the trunk or treat.  The boys took the babies this year and were really cute with them.

Then we had the ward trunk or treat.


We had a massive family pumpkin carving session.  Everyone got really into it.  Jason deserves a gold medal for pulling this off every year.




















For actual Halloween Megan went with her friends, Maddie with hers and the boys actually went to a movie at the Hennigers and didn't really go trick or treating.  They both regret it and say next year they will miss the friend activity and just go trick or treating. 

I took the babies.

And Jason got to finally live out his dream of handing out full size candy bars.  He has always hoped to be financially able to hand out full size candy bars and he felt like this was the year.  He put so much thought and work into it, going to several different stores to get the right kind.  He wanted chocolate options and non chocolate options.  It was one of the cutest things I have seen him do.  

These babies were in heaven with their loot.

The day after Halloween our youth had a day of the dead party.

 

No comments: